Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Homemade Flour Tortillas

These took like 10 minutes from start to finish no joke! And, they are soooooooooo much better (in my opinion) than store bought ones. You can make a big recipe and then freeze them for up to 6 months, or you can just make a few and then eat them right off the griddle. There is not a special technic or anything. I don't think I'll buy tortillas from the store again. Ok. Here's the recipe:
2 c. flour

1/2 tsp. salt

1/4 c. oil

2/3 warm water
Mix all the ingredients in a mixing bowl, then separate into the portion sizes you want, (you can make them as big or as small as you want). Roll each one out to the desired thickness, then place on a hot frying pan over medium heat sprayed with cooking spray one tortilla at a time. Heat each side for about a minute to a minute and a half (depending on thickness). This recipe makes about twelve thin 10 in. tortillas. (I halved mine and made six).

I did everything the same, except I used pulled chicken instead of beef and instead of baking it in a casserole dish, I broiled it on a cookie sheet on low for about 6 minutes. It was to die for good. It is totally worth a try and well worth the time and effort to make. Grace even gobbled one up herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment