Thursday, February 25, 2010

Spaghetti Sauce From Scratch

This isn't a picture of mine because I was dumb and didn't take one. It is the closest to what mine looked like though. I got it here :


One time, I was really wanting pasta, but I didn't have any sauce in the cupboard, so I decided to try to make my own. It turned out pretty good I thought. I was even smart ish enough to write down what I did.

  • 1c. hot water
  • 1 boullion cube
  • 1 tsp. Italian Seasoning
  • 1 tsp. dried onion
  • 2 tsp. garlic salt
  • 1 Tbs. basil
  • 1 tsp. dried parsley
  • 3 Tbs. brown sugar
  • 2 cans diced tomatoes (14 ish oz.)
  • 1 can tomato sauce (14 ish oz.)

It's easy. Disolve the boullion in the water, pour in a pot, or crockpot, add all the other ingredients and cook till it boils. You can let it simmer for a while or use it as soon as it heats up. I like mine to simmer for a while, because the flavors mix together better. When it is done, pour it over your favorite pasta. If you want to add a pound of browned hamburger or shredded chicken you can. I didn't this time because I didn't have any left, but usually I do put meat in.

No comments:

Post a Comment