Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Broccolli Alfredo Pasta


I made this for the first time a few weeks ago when my sister Holly came to my house to visit. I didn't have chicken, but I had alfredo and pasta and a bag of frozen broccolli. Tonight I made it again, but I used fresh broccolli because I had a bundle in the fridge that I needed to use before it went bad since it has been there for a week. So, here is a fantastic, very fast, very easy, delicious meal for any night of the week.
1/2 box of any kind of pasta (I used Rotini)
1 jar of alfredo sauce
1/2 bag frozen broccolli, or a bundle of fresh broccolli
Bring some water to a boil in a sauce pot. Add pasta and boil for about 8-10 minutes. Meanwhile in another pot put broccolli and just enough water to cover about half of it. Boil till the broccolli is tender. (It took me about 8 minutes with the fresh broccolli and some salt) Drain whatever water remains, add alfredo sauce and heat to desired temperature to serve over pasta. When pasta is finished, just drain, rinse and serve with the broccolli alfredo sauce.
I also sprinkled mozerella and parmesan cheeses on top. It was delicious.
The 2 Step Breadsticks:
1. I take 4-12 Rhodes frozen dough rolls, out of the freezer and put them on a plate sprayed with cooking spray. Then I cover them with plastic wrap, also sprayed. Then I let them thaw and rise for about 4-5 hours on the plate.
2. When they are done rising, I roll them till they are about 9 inches long, move them to a cookie sheet, spread melted butter with parmesan and garlic salt, and if you want, parsley, and or italian seasoning on them and bake them for 8-10 minutes at 350.

No comments:

Post a Comment